2011-11-28

Snowflakes on Ice


I've been gradually building this snowflake look over the weekend. I first removed the old polish on Friday and made the maintenance care with buffing and all and put the base coat. Then on Saturday I painted a coat of Baby Blues and on Sunday finished it with second coat of it + added Ticklish Toes by Wild and Crazy for the shimmer. Today I finished the look with rubber 3D stickers and a coat of Nubar Diamont. Have to squeeze in the nail care whereever I can before the baby calls for attention again LOL


Here's a close up on the nails. I really like these stickers for they seem thick enough to last on the nail yet they are bendy enough to follow the shape of the nail. After the top coat I pushed the few bubbles it had with a toothpick. Got to thank toothpicks for making me fall in love with nail art in the first place and sticking with it through the rough spots :)

This is actually the same color I used on the  icicles but it looks so differend with shimmer and indoors when the warm toned lighting hits it.

I guess I am in a blue mood looking back the past few manicures! When I went through my subscriptions I noticed his has been a blue Monday for many: for example Bregje sported a beautiful dark konadicure on Oooh, Shinies! and Nihrida added another blue polish to my wishlist with a brand I´d never heard before on her blog.


Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. So pretty; delicate and cool. Perfect for this time of year. :)

    Yeah, babies. For some strange reason they need attention and it can be hard to squeeze in your nail polishing time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice Queen thank you :) Yeah, have to calculate the time between the feedings and hope she doesn't make a poop and need a diaper change during the drying time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!
    And delicate!!!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect cold winter mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it's so delicate and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oih, hurjan nätti, herkkä ja talvinen! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Blog Miss, have an amazing day & feel free to pop past my blog =)

    -Mia xoxo
    http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock-or-not, Rainbowify Me, Laura, Jennius, Lumi,Mia: Thank you. I will try and shoot an outdoor pic too if my fingers won´t freeze :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very pretty. I have to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEEEEE these are sooo beautiful!! Absolutely lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful. I like the stikers...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hennie, Ashesela and emess: Thank you! It's really simple to make with stickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and delicate! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Anutka! I'm so deep in the blue mode I have to really focus now for the next mani to reach for some other color LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a two month old and it takes 2-3 days for me to complete a mani too! Glad to see I'm not alone! Beautiful snowflakes BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you mamas ^^ Who ever says motherhood and beautifying don't mix lol. Babies seem to notice new nail looks quicker than a hubby, too :D

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to comment :)