2011-05-31

Cherry Blossom nails

Hello again, it's been one busy month! I'm always surprised of how short a month May is - the trees burst out to leaves and suddenly it's summer with schools ending and everyone making holiday plans. Seems like just yesterday we had mountains of snow where the grass now grows green, waiting for a trim...


This is a sister look to my Willow nails - Cherry blossom nails :)

I've been wanting to do this for a long time. The final kick to try it was when I saw this pretty radio on Clas Ohlson catalog (my hand on the catalog page, not on the actual radio):


It seemed like a good fresh look for my daughter's graduation (from kindergarten LOL).

There are plenty of beautiful takes on cherry blossoms out on the nail community and most combine a cool base with rosy blossoms. See for example a gorgeous Cherry Blossom Sakura Tree - YouTube tutorial by Love4Nails here.

My choice of base was For Audrey by China Glaze. The flowers are done with acrylic paint (mix of red and white). The branches and lining dots are same as in Willow nails: brown by Nail Star, pearly white by Migi.


I do like this combo though my nails are soon too long for straight french tips. The free edge is a bit over half of all the length now!


See you back soon!
Thanks for all the new and old readers for stopping by :)

13 comments:

  1. Belissimo, perfeito!
    hey you are like me!
    http://maniasdadiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todella kauniit kynnet! Nuo vaaleanpunaiset kukat näyttää hienoilta mintunvihreällä taustalla. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi miten ihanat kynnet! Pidän väreistä, kuviosta ja jopa tuosta radiosta!
    Joku tossa hempeärrä kirsikankukkakuviossa yhdistettynä turkoosiin iskee, kohta sorrun hankkimaan jotain sellaista (vaikkei se sopisi muuten asuntoon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. This is the first time I have ever seen cherry blossoms only on the tips. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dotting along the edge of the tip. They look like pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love how long your nails are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooow~!! This is sooo pretty XD I LOVE the cherry blossoms!! and the colours you used is so cute:D I'm sure it'll be perfect for the graduation;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nätit!! :) Ihanan romanttiset <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiitos - thank you :)

    I think I might do actual cherries on my nails soon, too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tosikauniit!(: Sulla on kivan pitkät kynnet:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiitos! Kesän kasvukausi näkyy kynsissä mulla aina keväisin :D

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to comment :)