2011-05-08

Busy Mother's Day nails

Happy Mother's Day to all moms! Did you get your morning coffee to your bed? I was the first one awake so I got up to check new updates from Blogger... Then I tried to sneak in back to bed but my youngest wouldn't give me a blanket anymore! I wasn't tired anyway but had to get "out of the way" so the rest of the family could prepare the breakfast table to "surprise me". So I grabbed my polishes and went to the back room polishing :)

(picture indoors)

The idea I had didn't transfer as glamorously as I thought it would... First off I thought I took toothpicks (for the glitters) with me to my "hideaway" but I ended up taking only q-tips! And the top coat I grabbed for attaching the glitters was a fast dry! So... I had to be quick and I was clumsy with the glitters. I would've liked them to follow the edge of the polish more frequently.

I wanted to combine a holo and a matte black and spice it up with the glitters. The base is OMG by China Glaze, with a black stripe in the middle with Nero by GOSH. The matte top coat is by Rimmel.


(outdoors)

Outside you can see the holo and sparkle. Hard to capture it with all the bling when some spots look more white and silver in the sunshine.

All done in about 15 minutes... I was afraid it might look too much like fish scales with the hasty application and all but it's not as bad as I feared. Still I liked the idea more than the end result. Will try this combo with a differend pattern and more time someday. Maybe a black side-swipe across the holo, so it breaks down the form a bit better. And I'll definitely use the toothpicks for lining the glitters LOL

(by my son, for Mom's Day when he was 7)

Have a beautiful day!

9 comments:

  1. I think they're very beautiful, even though they're not exactly what you had planned! :) I really like the combination of matte black and silver holographic polish. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ! Would you let me steal your idea for my next mani ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Banana: thank you!

    @Gwenn: Thanks! I'd be honored, can't wait to see your mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty http://britters89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am a new follower! Your look is very nice!

    Compliments for your blog!

    If you like you can come and visit my blog

    http://nuvoledibellezza.blogspot.com/

    I would be honored to have you among my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh pretty nails!

    http://floralperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. From a new follower, I love the combination! Although it's not what you have envisioned it still looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved!!! You have good taste, congratulations.
    Look at my blog, will be an honor to have her as a follower!!

    http://unascolores.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to comment :)