2011-01-15

Black french manicure

It's been a long time since I wore french tips. But this is what I came up with for this week. It's black and white design with Migi Nail Art pens: pointed stripes and rows of dots that get smaller towards the tip. For the base colour over the whole nail I laid a coat of Ticklish Toes, a whitish, very wintery shimmer by Wild and Crazy.


I like designs that look differend from another angle. These look like stripes when you see them from the "pinkie" and dotted when you look them from the thumb forward...

When I'd done this and looked it through the camera lens I thought there was something familiar to it. I had to go through my YouTube "french nails with a twist" playlist to figure out who might have inspired them...

This is what I found. It's not that similar, I mean the tip in the video is v-shaped and the colors are differend, the angle of stripes is not aimed as pointy and the dots compliment the stripes - not the tip form as in my version. Also the number of stripes is fewer as well as the dots obviously. I think it has inspired me although I wasn't aware of it while painting. It's interesting how the things we idolize do have an impact on us whether we acknowledge it or not.



The video above is by The Queen Eileen and you can find her great nail art channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheQueenEileen


Here's a shot of my nails from the front. When I look down on them I see mostly dots whereas other see the striped side :)


I did wear them for the first half of the week and got many compliments. For the rest of the week I've been wearing regular white french tips. I hope the sun decides to show up tomorrow so I can take pics of that look too.

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I'm so pleased to have come across your blog - your nails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice design!


    You have an award on my blog! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you have crazy long nails i would ide for those mine are little nubbins lol

    http://xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a chique mani! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it very much too. Have to think of a way to make another version of it to wear it again soon - but can anything really beat a black&white I don't know... :)

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to comment :)