2010-03-01

Sunshine on my finger tips

Not much light today - but this manicure doesn't need sun to shine. These are green and yellow from Claire's pastels .

I saw this way of painting nails yesterday on Emerald Sparkled Louboutin nails , she made gorgeous red on black design. Click if you haven't seen them already! Thought I'd give it a go with this green for real lime nails...


See, the green is really mean on its own - really great neon but maybe too much contrast against the white snow right now...


And I like the way these colors go together. Not just the shades, but the consistency too. The first coat was very hard to get even - and I just tried to cover the nail as much as I could, to not leave bald spots. But the second coat of green went on like a dream. Then to add yellow it was like any other polish, no pain. Not the best quality of polish but for 2 layers really good.

I wonder if they sit on the nail better if there's Claire's own base coat? If anyone has any experience, please let me know too.



Happy days!

4 comments:

  1. That is very cute, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an original design! These Claire's pastels are so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much!
    Looks good with all colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'll try it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to comment :)