2010-03-08

Golden Rose holographic x


I couldn't wait to get to try these new holographic polishes I found last week by brand called Golden Rose. And I couldn't decide which one I'd try first, grey-black #119 or red-pink #120. So here they are crossed together. The first pic in the shade...


And the second pic with rays of light. Ta-daa! Blinding!

And it actually applied like a dream - to this extremely shiny vinyl-like finish you see. Here's no added top coat! Honestly I think top coat couldn't have made it any better. It is so smooth and shiny on its own.

But the brush then.

See this stubby block that is supposed to be a handle? The cap is so much bigger than the actual brush, the bristles hardly reach out from the cap!

For comparison, here's your regular Orly next to Golden Rose. The cap on GR is like a wide Lego-block in your hand where as with Orly your fingers not only adjust to the shape but the material is easy to grab and hold too.

It was actually hard to see my nails behind the cap/handle while polishing, it is so wide and stubby!

I find the colors are still worth it. It is a very cheap polish compared to the popular brands; for example Lumene costs twice this much around here. On the other hand, this is a small bottle with only 5.5 ml / 0.19 fl.oz of nail color... But it's not about the amount of stuff in the bottle, it's about getting more color variety with the same money LOL


Happy International Women's Day!

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, holos= love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If someone asked me which nail polish that is I'd say it's CC Revvvolution. It looks just like it. I like black better than the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you did a great job over here. I'm always fond of holo's. Very beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I LOVE the black holo! And a big hello from your newest follower and fellow polish publisher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this manicure! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind comments! And to new followers!

    @nihrida: Revvvolution has been on my wishlist so I guess I can strike that now after having this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors, I love how you applied them together. But the brush ... I had a bad experience with mini Sephora brushes, I imagine how it can be difficult to apply with a mini brush AND a XXL cap !

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ayuu: Totally. I wonder how this kind of bottle design goes through R&D people - don't they even try the brushes before pushing them to the stores?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous combination! Both colours look amazing<3

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to comment :)